Introduced in 1987, the Chinon Auto 3001 was priced at 350 USD, higher than many SLRs of that era, owing to its innovative triple infrared beam autofocus system and to excellent build quality.
The lens is protected by a slide cover that also serves as on/off switch. The sensor windows are permanently protected, being covered by a part of the slide cover made out of red plastic even when the cover is open.
- 35mm f/2.8 lens with 4 elements in 4 groups.
- Programmed electromagnetic shutter controlled by a stepping motor, 1/45 to 1/250s shutter speed.
- Innovative Multi-AF system with 3 infrared beams, 16 focus zones, and auto macro mode. Focus lock available on trigger half-press. Spot AF mode possible via a dedicated button.
- Programmed EE, CdS exposure meter, EV8.5 (f2.8 at 1/45) – EV17 (f22 at 1/250) for 100 ISO.
- DX support for 50-1600 ISO film; non-DX film is set to 100 ISO.
- Two focus modes: normal (0.9m to infinity) and close-up (0.6m to 0.9m). Camera switches between modes automatically.
- Bright [Albada] type viewfinder with leds for focus and macro.
- Flash guide number 7.5 at 100 ISO. Flash mode auto by default, forced-on and -off mode via dedicated buttons.
- Dimensions: 131.5(L)x71(H)x47(D)mm.
- Tripod mount, plastic thread.
- 10s self-timer.
- Automated film loading, advance, and rewind.
- Weight: 330g fully loaded with film and battery.
Power: 2CR5 battery (add one to your cart!)
Here’s a link to our Return Policies: https://filmsupply.club/pages/return-policies