Film tested! The Bellami is a a compact 35mm camera from Chinon, introduced in 1980—perhaps as a response to the innovative Olympus XA. However rather than using a sliding lens cover, the Bellami has a distinctive "barn door" design (reminiscent of the Voigtländer Vitessa).
The barn door is opened by pulling out the film advance lever. Chinon also offered a dedicated S-120 flash unit, included here.
The Bellami has a 35mm f/2.8 lens and uses scale focusing (you cannot preview the focus, but instead set the lens to a number corresponding to distance).
Camera SN 238692
We photograph every individual used camera that we sell. Please inspect photos for best information about cosmetic condition.
- Lens: Chinonex Color 35mm, f/2.8 (4 elements in 3 groups).
- Focusing: Manual scale focusing with Zone Focus Marks - 3.3ft/1m - infinity
- Shutter: SEIKO Program EE Shutter, Speeds from 1/8 to 1/1000 sec.
- Exposure Meter: Cds EE Exposure System, EV6 - 17(ASA 100), ASA25-400 (DIN 15 - 27)
- Film format: 35mm
- Film advance: Single-Stroke Manual.
- Flash: Dedicated Chinon S-120 Side Mounting
- Dust Cover: Dust cover opens and closes with the film advance lever. Meter switch is activated while the dust cover is fully opened.
- Battery Check: Built-In Green LED
- Slow Shutter Speed Warning: Built-In Red LED
- Power: Two Alkaline 1.5V LR44 or Two 1.5V Silver Oxide SR44 Batteries.
- Weight: 220g (8.8 oz.)
Camera purchases are subject to our return policies.