Probably the coolest, most retro point and shoot camera ever made.
The Ricoh FF-90 is a compact camera for 35mm film. The viewfinder camera has a 35mm lens, automatic film advance, autofocus and a built-in flash. This camera was also known as the FF-70 in Europe.
- Type: 35 mm lens shutter type with automatic focusing
- Lens: 35 mm F2.8 Rikenon lens, 5 elements, 5 groups
- Focusing: Automatic focusing with pre-focus facility.
- Distance measuring (shooting) range: 0.8m (2.6 ft) to infinity
- Distance less than 0.8m (2.6 ft): out-of-focus warning ~ blinks, Shutter:
- Programmed AE type electronic shutter, 2 - 1/500 sec.
- Self-Timer: Built-in electronic type with sight and sound. Operating delay of approx. 10 sec.
- Viewfinder: Albada type with bright-frame viewfinder (with parallax correction marks).
- Magnification 0.44X, Field of view 84%.
- Viewfinder Information: Field of View Frame, Parallax Correction Marks, Auto-Focus Frame, Zone Marks Exposure Adjustment With SPD photocell. Exposure coupling range EV2 ~ EV17 (ISO 100)
- Exposure adjustment system: +2
- Film Speed Range: ISO 25 ~ ISO 1600 (in 1/3 steps). Compatible with the DX-code system
- Film Advance/Rewind: By a built-in motor. Automatic 1st frame setting. Automatic film reverse at the end of film
- Film Loading: RICOH Auto-Load system
- Exposure Counter: Additive, counts down during film reverse
- LCD Display: Film loaded, Film advance, Film taken up onto film take-up spool, Exposure counter, Film reverse and reverse completion, DX film, Exposure compensation, Number of exposure of film When DX film is used), Battery loaded, Battery low warning, Lens shield open/close
- Built-in Flash: Automatic turn on electronic flash in dim light
- Guide Number: 12 (ISO 100 m.). Exposure adjustment through flashmatic system
- Interval Between Flashes: About 6 seconds
- Number of Shots Possible: With new Alkaline batteries (under nominal temperature of 20°C)
- Without using the flash unit: more than 100 rolls of 24 exp. film
- When using the flash unit repeatedly: more than 10 rolls of 24 exp. film
- Power Source: 2 penlight Alkaline batteries or 2 penlight Manganese batteries (Nickel Cadmium batteries cannot be used)
- Dimensions: 128 mm (L) x 70 mm (H) x 41 mm (D)
- Weight: 290g (without batteries)