The Canon AE-1 Program is a killer SLR camera great for anyone who is just getting into film photography or a seasoned photographer looking for a classic camera.
- Canon AE-1 Program SN: 4408009
- Canon 50mm FD f/1.8 SN: 2993485
- Canon Power Winder
- 35mm SLR (Single-Lens-Reflex) camera with electronically controlled AE (Automatic Exposure) and focal plane shutter.
- Canon FD series interchangeable lenses with full aperture metering and AE coupling. Canon FL series with stopped-down metering.
- Standard lenses for the Canon AE are Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 S.C.
Check the video of this camera in action:
It was five years after the AE-1 became a worldwide hit. Many users wanted the program AE mode that was featured in the A-1. This mode sets both the shutter speed and aperture automatically. The user just had to press the shutter button.
The AE-1 Program camera was developed in response to the demand for program AE and to succeed the original AE-1. The camera now had both shutter speed-priority AE and program AE modes. It also sported a palm grip like the A-1. The camera was also compatible with the A-1’s Motor Drive MA. The viewfinder featured LEDs. It was quite an advanced camera.
To make Motor Drive MA compatible with the AE-1 Program camera, it had three electrical contacts instead of only two which the original version had. Also, Power Winder A was converted into Power Winder A2 for higher performance.
Here’s a link to our Return Policies: https://filmsupply.club/pages/return-policies